POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The world is flat! : Re: The world is flat! <area_light> Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world is flat! <area_light>
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 27 Oct 2005 05:30:01
Message: <web.43609d6881b06728731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> This is a much more dramatic image, I believe.
Very much so! Very nice.

> I used an area_light, the size of the sun; I placed the camera *near* one of
> the rim walls; I reduced the camera angle to 75 degrees (earlier it was to
> large).
I've been having problems with the rim walls. They are described as
mountains in the book; but I can't think of an easy way to implement them.
Sloping or curved walls are no problem, but texturing them is another
matter...!

How many shadow squares are you using? They look a bit different to mine...

Bill